Saturday 20 February 2010

It Ain't Over Til...

...Lenny Kravitz says it is.

We got the last ever shots for CrimeFighters today so I can plug the little gaps in the edit. For a series of shots totalling about three minutes of the film, it was a long and packed day.

Started off getting some shots of the Minster, then a couple disappearing down an alley, a policeman, a CCTV camera, then home to get everything else from the warm, cosy confines of my house. Which included:

A twat and a hand double lurking in a garage...


A jovial cameraman...


A lady with a light (Jenni Suitiala: have light, will travel)


Yes, this is all starting to look strangely familiar...


My worlds colliding as we find a way of getting Hannah into the film...


(You won't see her in the film, her head just proved useful for one shot)...


Jenni 'Spookiala'...


and then, rather unceremoniously, this was the last shot we did:


Random. So that's it! After the long day, we settled in for the evening to drink booze and bore Jenni with talk of Star Wars until Paul, Tony and I spent about two hours discussing how much of an impact E.T. has had on our lives. And how this is the first artefact I can recall that made me want to be a filmmaker:


I can remember going to see the film with my dad in 1984, him buying me this in the foyer, taking it home to read, watching the Making Of documentary on TV and being fascinated by the various departments from storyboard artists to set design and cinematography, and being so hooked that I went out and made a 5 minute Indiana Jones film on 8mm with a friend, then screening it for our families. Nice to be able to pinpoint an obsession.

CrimeFighters will premiere in one month ;-)

No comments: