Wednesday 17 February 2010

Tweaks and Geeks and Back to the Future 2

There's a period during the making of a feature film where things relax a bit and everyone drifts off and calms down and the edit gets done and everything is still and peaceful.

Now is not that time. Now is the final month of post-production. Now is copious hours of careful sound editing, notes and endless tweaks:



Lists and lists of things to do that seem to get added to faster than they diminish:



...and FX shots delivered from America!



Everything's actually about two weeks ahead of schedule, which is awesome. Test screening at the cinema coming up at the end of the month, then 2 and a bit weeks of frantic tweaking. Yes. I could have phrased that better.

Oh and Back to the Future 2? I watched it tonight and noted how the effects are still awesome after 21 (TWENTY ONE!?!?!) years and how even that long ago I was impressed with how they did the split screen/motion control thing, but how even though I hope I'll always be a filmmaker, that kind of thing, how to do effects shots, will always give me a headache. That's why Tony's doing the MA in post-production and not me. I'll stick to the scripts.

No comments: